Monday, 21 January 2013

The Kingkiller Chronicles.























All the sources I can find anticipate the release of the third book - The doors of stone (working title) - to be sometime this year. I don't think that is likely, but I hope that somehow it can happen.

Rothfuss announced the date of release for The Wise Man's Fear in 2010 as being March 1 2011. There was a gap of 4 years between it and The name of the wind. That means that the even if the author announces the book this year, the release will be a few to many months later.
The popularity of the books also mean that the publicity for the last book about Kvothe will be quite loud which also means more time to trumpet the book before release.

I just finished reading the books - back to back - yesterday.
I don't think that Book 2 ended with a cliff hanger though. It isn't as unbearable as I thought it might be. The final book must be massive. I hope it is massive. It needs to cover so much ground.
Kvothe is still 17 ( ignoring the possible aging during his time with Felurian) and
hasn't even come across a King yet,
hasn't found the sword he calls Folly,
hasn't met Bast,
hasn't mastered any names,
hasn't even come close to the Chandrian,
hasn't kissed Denna,
hasn't even been expelled from the university (even though there are so many allusions to his being thrown out. Every time something happens I think - It's now. He gets expelled now - and it just doesn't happen.
So many questions left unanswered. I hope that the author goes into all the details of his adventures because I feel tricked when he just lists the happenings in a paragraph (like when the author describes his voyage).

Hope the last book is out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment